1. The Millionaire's Club - Students read 1 million words and join the Millionaire's Club Wall. Students are treated with lunch at McDonald's or a local restaurant of your choice. AR reports will count the words for you.
2. Principal Wall of Fame- Students read an entire series of books and will be recognized on the Wall of Fame. For example, read the entire series of Junie B Jones. Reward students with a special treat.
3. Certificate for Millionaire's Club
4. Certificate for Principal Wall of Fame
5. Frame for Millionaire Club
6. Frame for Principal Wall of Fame
7. A list of successful rewards we are using. You can add your own. Easily customizable.
8. READING pennants
9. My Goal Tracker Bookmarks
10. Reward Bracelets to enter reward area. (entrance bracelets) So cute!
11. Point Pennants from 5 points to 200 points (Chevron Theme)
12. Name Plates for AR Wall
13. The AR Quiz Line-Up Poster and Numbers 1-24 (Students put numbers in pocket chart when they are ready to test.)
14. Ask Me What I Made on My Test ribbons! Students wear these to let everyone know they scored 100.
15. Library Cards/AR Login Pencils
16. Credit Page
Here are a few pages from the packet:
My goal of creating this packet is to get my older students reading more, to love reading and help with fluency and comprehension. The more they read the better our results in all subjects. It's a win-win situation.
I hope you enjoy this and get inspired too. Share your ideas with me? What do you have that gets students motivated.