I'm super excited. I've been recently nominated by Erica Marshall from Marshall in the Middle for the Liebster Award. This is a great way to learn about other bloggers and to recognize newbies.
What an honor! Thanks Erica.
(1) Link Back to the Person that Nominated You
Thank you Erica!
I didn't go to college until my daughter started Kindergarten. I decided the first day of Kindergarten that I wanted to be a teacher. I loved school as a child and always "played" school at home.
2. What's your favorite season of the year?
I love all of them except Winter. I don't like the cold. I know Texas is perfect for me because winter isn't too bad.
3. What was the name of your favorite teacher and why?
My favorite teacher is Mrs. Margaret Shumate. She was my kindergarten teacher. As a teacher, I worked across from her. Later, I became a campus administrator. As a student in her classroom, she kept me in line. I was the kid that needed her structure and firmness. LOL That same year she named her daughter Stephanie. I like to think she named her after me but I don't think it really was.
4. What's your favorite food?
Well, you can't live in Texas and not like Mexican food. I'm not much on Italian food. My favorite food to eat is just home cooking. I love to cook and try new food on pinterest. I like to find a recipe and make it at least once a week. Trying something new is fun. It doesn't always turn out good though. One time I had to go to Sonic and get supper because it was awful. But for the most part it is always good.
5. Do you love or loathe exercise?
Actually I love to exercise. I don't always do it because I'm a workaholic. I go to work early and tend to stay late. I have a gym membership and get really good at going then slack off. Who doesn't, right?
6. What is the most watched movie/DVD in your collection?
Hmmm...This is a hard one.
7. Do you collect anything, if so what?
Shoes! Oh how I love shoes.
8. What is one skill or hobby that you have always wanted to learn?
Speak another language, fly a plane and play a piano.
9. Why did you decide to start blogging?
Ok...here goes... I started blogging this time last year. This is my one year blog-versary this week. I'm a principal and it is really hard to find good ideas for principals. There are tons of teacher blogs, websites, etc... But when I go to find "administrator" or "principal" ideas, activities, resources, etc... there are very few PRACTICAL sites. I can't seem to get principals interested or they don't seem techie. I keep my inspiration through teacher blogs and pinterest.
10. What's the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Help anyone in my family with whatever they need.
1. I love organization. I can't stand watching Hoarders on TV because I'm so OCD. I like to say I'm CDO because the letters are in alphabetical order. LOL
2. I don't like pizza. Yep, I know crazy, right.
3. I just found out that after a 2 hour trip on a Nature Cruise boat that me and the ocean do not jive. I got terribly sick.
4. I don't like 3D movies. The glasses aren't stylish.
5. I love the zig-zag chevron pattern.
6. I wish I was taller. I'm only 5'2. To me that's handicapped size. I can't reach anything.
7. I want to go to New Zealand one day.
8. I just celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary and I went to Maine. It was so beautiful.
9. I love the smell of coffee but I hate the taste.
10. I'm a total workaholic. I think sleep is a waste of time. I would rather be doing something then sitting around.
11. My 3 kids are the best kids in the world.
Click on the images to visit their webpages:
1. What do you need from your principal this year to help you be successful or continue to be successful?
2. What do you wish your principal would notice?
3. How do you keep inspired?
4. Pancakes or French Toast?
5. What is your favorite color nail polish you like to wear? A picture would be fabulous to add.
6. Where did you go on vacation?
7. What is the last gift you received?
8. What kind of music do you like?
9. What is unique about your blog?
10. What does your classroom look like? Do you have a theme?